Tuesday 4 August 2015

"What's next, Papa?"

Two years ago, the Lord spoke to me, "Orphanage". It has been almost two years and I knew my time in this nation was soon coming to a close yet I haven't really been involved in any orphanages.

One Sunday morning, I sat beside this lady and we began talking. To my delight I learned she worked and lived in an orphanage and I asked to visit them.

My life has never been the same. 15 children have enriched my life beyond words. Once a week I would visit them, cook them spaghetti or watch cartoons and learn English with them. Sometimes we would swim and play games. Getting to know these beautiful children has been such pleasure. I pray someday they will know how they have blessed my heart beyond measure.

I look forward to seeing their bright smiles and hearing their dreams of growing up to be pastors and teachers and doctors and architects one day. My earnest prayer for these precious treasures, that they be all that the Lord has called them to be.

They are no longer orphans. 

An orphan spirit is someone who feels lost, doesn't know what to do with his life and is constantly feeling abandoned, struggling with rejection though often surrounded by a lot of people. Not these children! They know they belong to Jesus and they are confident in His love. They know the Father takes care of them, in fact, they are so full of the Word they could quote scripture and sing it with such boldness. These boys and girls know who they are in Christ and I am so delighted to have met them.  No wonder the Lord wanted me to cross paths with them! A sure reminder, an eye-opener, that we belong to His family. I am so honored, very privileged to have met such lovely men and women of God. I am excited for what's next for these children. I know they will, one day, boldly and confidently live lives so pleasing unto the Father. Actually, they already are now!  

Romans 8 Msg

15-17 This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what's coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with him!

1 comment: